by Lindsay Braden - Researcher Anglesea & District Historical Society
The Old Tin Shed - The Original Anglesea Golf Course Clubhouse
This shed was the focal point during the early days of the Anglesea Golf Club. It served as a meeting room, refreshment room and 19th hole, until the new clubhouse was officially opened in 1955. A notice on the front door advised that Green Fees were 5/- for the nine holes. Working bees assisted local building contractor and committeeman Les Hedley to construct the building.
Anglesea Golf Clubhouse - 1955
Les Hedley commenced the construction of the Golf Clubhouse stage one in October 1954. The building was officially opened on 1st of July 1955. Application for a Liquor Licence was made. This was granted in October 1958.
The second stage of the Clubhouse was officially opened in December 1965. A third extension to the Clubhouse was made to cater for Poker machines.